Sunday, August 28, 2011

Canada Roadtrip: Day 9

Day two at Whistler, and things have been a bit up and down. On the second lap of the trip I blew a corner while pinning an easy trail, washed out the front end, and ended up hitting a large rock with my thigh. I rode the rest of the run in survival mode since I could not bend or straighten my leg, and then watched bike movies in the condo while everyone else rode. Basically, it sucked, but it was about $1000 cheaper than my first day last season.

This morning things were a bit stiff, but the leg loosened up as the day went on and eventually I stopped riding like a total gaper and got into the flow a bit. Near the end of the day I decided to go do a lap down Schleyer to Detroit Rock City and had one of the most spectacular, but relatively harmless, crashes of my life. I was wearing the GoPro, so I have a sequence of the crash below.

One run later, Jen had herself a much more harmful off while pinning the bottom section of Heart of Darkness. Her shoulder is a bit pissed and she broke her derailleur hanger, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Despite the offs we're stoked to be here and can't wait to ride more.


2 comments:

  1. Post the video of the crash! And post the rest of your good video too!

    ReplyDelete