Friday, August 27, 2010

Whistler: Shit Day vs Sic Day

Words cannot possibly describe how incredibly awesome it is to ride at Whister in the summer. No place else compares. On the down side, this place is really hard on bikes. My first day up here was definitely my single most expensive day of mountain biking. On the very first run of the day I blew up the compression damper on my fork. Luckily, the guys over at Fanatic had the parts and know how to put the thing back together... for $680. Two runs later, I broke my rear derilleur. Luckily, Chip happened to have a spare Saint hanging around, so I finished the rest of the day chain-less and got my bike up and running for the next day.

Day two: No mechanical issues, no crashes, rode like a champ. Plus, we did a lap from the top down that included Blue Velvet, Freight Train, Dirt Merchant, and Lower A-Line. I rode four bike-lengths off Toni's rear tire the entire time and hit a bunch of stuff I had never hit before. I'm pretty sure it was the single best DH run I've ever done. Full on Type1 1 fun!

Overstoke was a serious threat by the end of the day. Toni, Chip, Alister, Laura, Zach, Heather were all about as happy as a bunch of muddy people can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment