Sunday, August 7, 2011

Deer Valley

It's probably been two years since I went to Deer Valley. I'm not a real big fan of the place. The trails have very little flow with sharp, bermless corners and no jumps. However, it became clear after last weekend's race that I have let my tech riding slide a bit in favor of Jackson-style flow trails. So, in an effort to re-learn how to ride tech, I went to DV with Jen, Alex, Chris (aka Vin), and Ceci. Among the day's festivities were a few laps on Fireswamp. I got everything clean with the exception of one dab on the second lap. Then I got a little too loose and took a full-on over-the-bars digger on the third. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually had a lot of fun riding that trail.

I didn't feel like breaking out the real cameras today, so I just threw the Go Pro on the helmet and rode. I have a great video of my crash that I'll put up if I get really bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment