Sunday, February 13, 2011

1000 Feet

Since I couldn't talk anyone into my original plan for today, I decided to go to Provo and top-rope solo 1000 vertical feet of ice. Despite summer temps in the valley, the ice in the canyon was still decent. My plan was to set the altimeter and climb and rappel until it got to 1000 feet. However, I forgot that the altimeter does not track in real time, but every few minutes. My first lap (which included stopping at the top and bottom for setting up) showed 75 vertical feet. I didn't check again until several laps later when things were in constant motion, and then I got 40 feet. So, who knows. I probably climbed something like 1400 feet, but since I didn't count my laps there's no way to know for sure. Either way it was a lot of fun and gave me confidence that all those calf raises have been paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment