Saturday, February 5, 2011

1 Caught, 1 Carried

It's been nearly a month since I was last on skis, but Grant called and asked if Jen and I wanted to go out for a tour and poke around the jacked Wasatch snow, so we agreed. Shortly after peeling our skins, I went to ski cut the entrance to a steep-sided couloir. Instead of making a nice, fast ski cut, I half-assed it. So, when the slope went, I got tangled up and carried for a bit. As far as avalanches go, this one was pretty safe. But that doesn't change the fact that I fucked up bad. Anyway, snow was pretty variable, but there were still good turns to be had. Be careful out there.

1 comment:

  1. WooW! Glad to hear that things turned out alright! The IFMGA guide that taught my level 2 gave some good advice about slope cuts. He said the biggest mistakes are "too slow, too low, and nowhere to go." Advice that I hear echoed every time I cut a slope. Hope things are good!

    ReplyDelete