Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dawn Patrol

The first 5:00am alarm of the winter is always a painful experience, especially when you're still pretty sick, but it was worth every second of lost sleep to get in some good turns. The standard crew of Alex, Pip, Jamon, and Myself went to USA bowl, and I started off by botching the approach really bad. For some reason I had convinced myself that an incorrect turn was the correct turn, and we ended up way too far to the East. I paid my penance by doing more than my share of trail breaking in as quick of a manner as I could. It all worked out pretty good though, since most of the bowl was basically a wind-blown grass field and we found ourselves at the one section with a leeward slope. Despite all the wind loading, things were very stable and the snow was excellent. A bunch of open powder turns and some tree skiing later and we were all back at the road and headed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment