Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lone Peak Cirque

In an effort to do something that wasn't cragging (read: I need to get in better shape), Ben and I decided to day trip to Lone Peak Cirque. We did the 5600ft approach in just under three hours without really trying too hard, and the temps were even a little chilly while we geared up. After a quick snack we went to the base of Center Thumb (II 5.9), scrambled a few feet up the first pitch to get off the snow, geared up, and started climbing. We did the five pitch route in three pitches by stretching out the 60m rope twice and throwing in a little simal climbing. Then we came down to the meadow for another snack, rested a bit, and hiked out. I was doing fine until we started the steep descent down Jacob's Ladder, at which time it became clear that I've been slacking on the knee-stabilization exercises and stretches, and by the time we were half way down I was moving nearly as slow as I was on the way up. Damnit Riser! You lazy asshole! Big thanks to Ben for patiently waiting for me.

2 comments:

  1. "Loan" Peak Cirque? You sure about that spelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Freudian slip. Maybe I thought I was writing checks that my knees couldn't cash. Oops.

    ReplyDelete