Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shit Show

Some days shit just goes wrong, and today was one of those days. Andy and I rolled into BCC for a post-work sesh that was going great until I opened my pack at the base of the day's first climb and realized that my harness wasn't in there. I had won the rock-paper-scissors to see who got to lead first, but given the fact that I had to tie a harness out of one of those ultra-thin Mammut cordalette-length runners, I offered the goods to my friend instead. Andy hiked the piss out of Weed Killer, and then I followed with my ghetto setup. Then we drove back to Andy's place, got his old harness which was only slightly too big for me, and drove to another crag to knock off a couple more pitches. There we found a group of people who had no business climbing outside, and after two routes we decided to relocate again rather than hang around and watch someone deck. The shitshowness continues for me throughout the day as I kept effing up small things and basically being the comic relief for Andy. It's really too bad Phunk wasn't there. He would have been in rare form for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment