Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On the Bike

For two seasons in a row I've done something stupid on a bike which has resulted in season-stopping injuries. Last year I separated my collarbone when I overshot a jump and two seasons ago I broke bones in my left hand while I was at Whistler. The riding would have been worth it if that was my only purpose for the trip, but I was planning to climb in Squamish as well. On the way home I stopped and stared up at the Grand Wall, one hand twisted up into a wad of busted stuff and the other clutching the Vitamin I. As a result, I've put off biking this season for as long as I could. Today I finally caved and did a couple Bobsled laps with Alex and Toni. I rode like complete dogshit, but by the end of the second lap I was starting to feel at home on two wheels again. Hopefully I can make it this season without getting hurt. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment