Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tacos for Dinner

Have you ever been ripping flat-out down some narrow singletrack and had a near miss that took a millisecond? A couple hundred feet later, after your brain has had the time to process what just happened, you realize how bad it would have been to hit the tree or rock or ditch that you narrowly missed. Well, today I didn't miss. On our second lap, while following Toni and Alex down a mellow but fast variation that I've never ridden, I came around a corner and saw a washed-out piece of trail and realized instantly that I would not make the inside path. I came out of the ensuing full-speed-to-instantly-stopped crash without anything more than scratches, but my front wheel was so bent that it couldn't even make a full rotation without sticking against the side of the fork. It was the second wheel I had crushed in the last two hours. The first one happened in the parking lot and Toni was able to get it back into shape. Between these two crashes, however, the three of us, and Alister, got in some really good riding on a trail that's coming together nicely thanks to lots of hard work by some dedicated builders.

No comments:

Post a Comment