Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Classics for Andy

Andy and I went into LCC for a short after work sesh today. He hadn't climbed a many of the classics around Crescent Crack Buttress, so we headed there and he basically ropegunned everything. I decided to stick with my stuff-I-haven't-done theory and hopped on a 10d slab at the end of the day. I'm absolutely terrible at slab climbing. It plays to all my weaknesses and none of my strengths. Basically, I got my ass handed to me and never made the second bolt. But we had draws hanging on the anchor, so I climbed a chill crack and traversed to the anchor. By the time I got to the ground the rope was completely stuck due to rope drag. I had to re-climb the crack with a Gri Gri self belay, and I even managed to get one of Andy's cams stuck. Just goes to show. No matter how much experience you have, you can still turn a chill day of cragging into a complete and total shitshow.




No comments:

Post a Comment