Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Soup for breakfast

Jamon and I planned to do a dawn patrol in Argenta today before work, and by morning the roster grew to include Pip and our token soulful splitboarder Alex. Pretty standard morning. Meet up, skin up, ski down, go to work. The from the ridge to about the midpoint of the slidepath was supremely good, but the clouds socked in a bit at the top and we ended up skiing all the steep stuff in complete soup. Either way, it was a killer day. On the approach, I got a chance to look at the site of Sunday's near miss again. I kept referring to it as "yesterday" instead of the day before yesterday. I figured this is probably because the internal movie of Ryan taking his ride kept playing over and over in my head all day on Monday, but Ryan thinks it's just because I'm feeling remorse for not getting it on film :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice Adam, looks like a fun morning!

    On Saturday, I noticed all the NW facing sides of the little boulders (like the ones you guys were airing) had slid (6 - 12") naturally. Likely the same mechanics that played a role in Sunday's accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant, you think it was the windslab layer over rocks, or do you think the buried surface hoar had anything to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pics! I'm totally linking your blog to my blog.. blog steeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Pip. Let me know if you want any of the pics and I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete